Gallery of Light and Letters

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Chapter 2: Liminal Light & Flight

Photograph by Ali Scattergood, from series Liminal Light. 2013

Flight



When you came to me all gossamer
with the light shining through you
and invited me into the sky, I didn’t
hesitate. Golden-haired, feather-
flanked, I flew like the beast
I never knew I’d always been.
When you laughed the night shivered.
Breath steaming out of my nostrils
like clouds scudding across the night,
hair full of star-smoke, I thought
we’d turn the ocean to steam
when we landed on the shore.
Who are you? I asked, and
where are we? for I knew this land
was not my own. In response,
you let me hold you one last time,
and then there was nothing
in my hands but light, leaping
from my fingers like a necklace
of hot coals,  and I was nothing
but shadow cloaked in shadow,
under stars.


- Lisa Rosinsky

No comments:

Post a Comment